Activities and Services
From our London base, HTL Consulting works extensively in Europe (including the United Kingdom), Africa and Middle East region and elsewhere in the world.
Our knowledge and experience of the tourism and hotel industry is extensive, enabling us to offer imaginative solutions to the complex challenges in all sectors of the industry.
Key activities for the tourism, hotel and leisure sectors include the following:
- development strategies and implementation: we work with destinations, companies and individual owners or units to formulate development strategies and implementation plans.
- site selection and assessment: we advise on the most appropriate site for a product concept or the most appropriate concept for a specific site.
- product concept and facilities recommendations: for new developments, refurbishments and extensions, we advise on the optimum development programme taking into account the site, market factors and the financial implications.
- market and financial feasibility appraisals: we carry out detailed market and financial assessment of projects (new developments, extensions and/or acquisitions) and assist with the product development and master planning process that allows the design and development of commercially viable and implementable projects. Our financial analysis includes projections of debt service before depreciation and taxation, and calculation of the level of supportable investment.
- operational and market issues: we carry out operational and market reviews, to diagnose areas of under performance and work with owners / management to optimise the market and financial results.
- hotel developer, operator and investor links: we have extensive links with domestic and international hotel developers, operators and funding sources that provides us with detailed knowledge of current and future expectations and requirements.
- branding and management: our expertise is based on advice on brand selection or development, and whether branding and management should be linked. We have experience of advising on management contracts and franchise agreements.
- asset management: we provide expert assistance to owners in the development and operational stages of hotel and tourism projects.
Key services that reflect our expertise include:
- Market and Financial Feasibility Studies
- Market Analysis and Research
- Lending Reviews
- Due Diligence
- Income Stream Based Valuations
- Operational Reviews
- Planning and Design Reviews and Analysis
- Planning Enquiries and Expert Witness
- Strategic Plans and Implementation Programmes
- Site appraisals and optimum use recommendations
- Product recommendations for new developments and major refurbishment projects
- Management Company/Brand Selection and Contract Negotiations